Tuesday, April 12, 2011

MUL: "So Chaud" *updated*

This look was inspired by Rihanna's Sophisticate's Black Hair Styles and Care Guide May 2011 issue. I love the bold lip and the muted eye concept she was rocking! That is very 'IN' right now. Doesn't she look FAB?! (Please note, I am in NO WAY saying I look like Rihanna. I am merely using her as a guide to recreate the concept she was wearing on the magazine cover.)

When I did the look this morning, it looked great! However, when I went to go take pictures, my camera's battery died. Unfortunately, noone seems to know what happened the charger......so I had to borrow a friend's camera. If my face looks a bit oily, it's because I took these pictures 6 hours later!!! Also, for some reason, my lipcolor appears orange in these pictures (it's suppose to be a deep coral color, similar to the one Rihanna is rocking on the cover). Maybe it's the flash......*shrugs*


Face:
  • MAC Studio Fix Moisture Tint- "Dark Plus"
  • MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder NW43
  • Sephora Perfecting Cover Concealor- "Tan"
  • MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush- "Ambering Rose"
  • MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush- "Trace Gold"
Brows:
  • MAC Eye Brow Pencil- "Stud"
  • E.L.F Eyebrow Kit
  • Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara
 Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Shadow Primer Potion
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette- "Virgin", "Sin" & "Buck"
  • Too Faced Eye Shadow- "Socialite"
  • MAC Eyeshadow- "Embark"
  • Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner- "Expresso"
  • Almay One Coat Dial Up Mascara- "Blackest Black"
Lips:
  • MAC Matte Lipstick- "So Chaud"
  • Revlon Colorstay Sheer- "Sheer Coral"
Update:
After reviewing this look, I've come to the conclusion that I am not a fan. Hey, it happens. This look did not transcend well on camera and does not showcase the effect I was after. Thus, at a later time I will redo this again.....stay tuned.....

Later, Bombshells!


3 comments:

  1. Pretty sister! I love your artistry, you're really good. I hope you do this professionally! Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks so much! uhm, no I don't do this professionally, its just a habit I picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you hair color and the lip color is FIERCE!

    ReplyDelete